Terms and Conditions
mrWF / MTI SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The mikeroweWORKS Foundation (“mrWF”) together with Midwest Technical Institute, Inc. and its Delta Technical College Division (collectively “MTI”) (mrWF and MTI together referred to as “SPONSOR”) offer a Scholarship Program (“PROGRAM”) to promote ongoing commitment to Skilled Trade Education.
- GENERAL. By accessing MTI’s website, all persons applying to the Program (“Applicant”) agree and accept the Terms and Conditions set forth below as may be amended and/or changed from time to time by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, including any and all descriptions and instructions regarding the Program and/or relating to the use of MTI’s website. Applicants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor reserves the right and may, at its sole discretion, at any time and without prior notice, change, amend or delete any provision of these Terms and Conditions. Any such change, amendment, and/or deletion will become effective immediately when posted on MTI’s website s. Each Applicant acknowledges that it is Applicant’s sole responsibility to make himself or herself aware of any such modification by regularly checking MTI’s website for notice of such modification to the Program’s Terms and Conditions. Applicant’s ability to participate in the Program and be awarded and retain a Scholarship Award is subject to Applicant’s compliance at all times with these Terms and Conditions as amended or modified and in effect at each such time.
- PROGRAM PERIOD. THE PROGRAM PERIOD BEGINS at 12:01 AM CST September 1st, 2015 AND ENDS at 11:59 PM CST May 1, 2016 (“PROGRAM PERIOD”).
- ELIGIBILITY. The Program is open to legal permanent residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia. Applicants must possess a state issued ID; have a valid email address and be one of the following: a) a High School Senior that will be graduating in the 2015-2016 academic year, b) a home school student who will complete an equivalent home school program in 2016. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of the Sponsor and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible to apply. Failure of the Applicant to graduate at the close of the 2015-2016 academic year or failure of the Applicant to successfully complete a home school program in 2016 invalidate their registration and void any Scholarship Award. Applications may be voided or the Scholarship Award may be rescinded at any time based on non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any such voided Award may, at the Sponsor’s discretion, be awarded to another qualified Applicant. Entry to Program is a multistep process. Each step must be successfully completed. Entries, including but not limited to photos, essays and video submissions, become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Other conditions of participation are set forth below.
- REGISTRATION AND NOTIFICATION OF FINALISTS. MTI currently operates seven workforce training schools on campuses in Illinois, Mississippi, Missouri, and Indiana. MTI may, from time to time, add additional school campuses. The campuses in Illinois, Indiana, and Missouri have a website under the Midwest Technical Institute name. This website can be found at www.midwesttech.edu. The campuses in Mississippi have a website under the Delta Technical College name. This website can be found at www.deltatechnicalcollege.com. The Sponsor will award up to seven (7) scholarships in the Mechanical Trade Course Group and Allied Health CourseGroup at each campus. A scholarship awarded through the Program may be used at the campus Applicant selected or upon request to, and approval by MTI, and at the sole discretion of MTI, may be used at another campus selected by Applicant. Sponsor is not responsible for ensuring that Applicants receive any notification or complies with any of the requirements of the Program.The Sponsor will review all applications for completeness and compliance with the Program rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Although the Sponsor has no obligation to do so, Sponsor may notify Applicant of an incomplete submission prior to the close of any applicable submission period contemplated in these rules in order for Applicant to correct the submission.
To register, Applicants must complete an online registration form on the corresponding MTI website for the particular campus of their choosing. Applicants are also required to sign the S. W. E. A. T. Pledge (Skills and Work Ethic Aren’t Taboo). By submitting an online scholarship registration, each applicant automatically grants Sponsor the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use the information in the registration for all of Sponsor’s purposes. Limit: Only one online registration form submission is allowed per Applicant The registration period begins at 12:01 AM CST September 1st, 2015 and ends at 11:59 PM CST March 25, 2016.
The Sponsor will review all applications for completeness and compliance with the Program rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Although the Sponsor has no obligation to do so, Sponsor may notify Applicant of an incomplete submission prior to the close of any applicable submission period contemplated in these rules in order for Applicant to correct the submission.
- ESSAY SUBMISSION. Applicants will be required to submit a typed essay that is a minimum of 250 words. This essay must demonstrate how the Applicant can benefit from a scholarship. Essays must be uploaded directly to the Sponsors website by 11:59 PM CST March 25, 2016.
- VIDEO SUBMISSION AND SELECTION. In order to complete the Program application process, Finalists must submit an original video to MTI that is in compliance with all of the rules of this Program, and up to five minutes in length explaining why they deserve a Scholarship Award. Videos must be submitted through MTI’s website of the specific campus selected on Finalist’s registration form. Videos will not be made public until 12:01 AM CST April 1, 2016 when the official voting period begins. The period to submit required documents and videos begins 12:01 AM CST September 1st, 2015 and ends 11:59 PM CST March 25, 2016. All Applicants will be required to sign and submit a release at the time of their video submission, which the release will give the Sponsor an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use the video submission in any media and for any of the Sponsors purposes. Releases will be available on MTI’s website. In addition, any person under the age of 18 who appears in the video must have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian.
The videos submitted by the Finalists will be posted on the applicable campus MTI website by 12:01 AM CST April 1, 2016. Video must be the original work of the Finalist and, upon submission, becomes property of the Sponsor. By submitting a scholarship application, each Applicant consents to the Sponsor (and their designated agents and affiliates) using all entry materials (including Applicant’s name, photo, essay and signed pledge) on the MTI’s websites and social media sites and pages.
The video may not contain any work (in whole or in part) which is the subject of a copyright or infringes upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, or contain any other person aside from Applicant unless a written release is received from such person. Videos must not include anything that is inappropriate for publication (such as profanity, nudity, hate speech, illegal conduct or gratuitous violence) as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion and must not contain music or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary property of any third party without the proper consents and licenses. All Videos must address why Finalist believes he/she should receive the Scholarship Award and must not have been submitted to any other competition or contest or have received an award prior to submission as an entry in this Program. Once submitted, the video may not be modified, edited or replaced by the Finalist. Upon submission, Finalist grants the Sponsor the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to display, reproduce, distribute, publish and create derivative works of the video in any format or medium and for all the Sponsor’s purposes. The Sponsor shall have no liability in conjunction with the posting of Finalist videos, including but not limited to the quality of Finalist videos as posted or the positioning of Finalist videos on MTI’s websites. Nonconforming videos will be disqualified from the Program. Submission by Finalist confirms that all releases, consents and approvals have been obtained. If the Sponsor is notified or becomes aware that the video submission fails to conform to all Program and submission requirements, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the video or rescind any scholarship awarded.
- PUBLIC VOTING. As stated above, the Sponsor will post the qualifying videos to the corresponding campus MTI website and the public voting period begins at 12:01 AM CST April 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59 PM CST on May 1, 2016. Voting is limited to one vote per person per video, as determined by use of name and email address. Any attempt by Finalist or any other person to manipulate or undermine the integrity of the voting or the rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in disqualification, with the understanding that disqualification shall not represent the sole remedy available to Sponsor. In the event of a tie in the online voting, the Sponsor will choose the winning video by coin toss to determine the final scholarship Recipient. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify or delay the public voting period by posting a notice to such effect on MTI’s website.
- DETERMINATION OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS. At the conclusion of public voting, designated individuals from MTI shall count the number of votes received from the public. The seven (7) Finalists with the highest voted videos for each campus will be awarded full tuition scholarships in the courses they selected on their initial registration form. Winners may select from any programs offered at Sponsors campus. (Availability of courses may vary from campus to campus. It is up to Applicant to determine availability of their selected course at their selected campus prior to registration.)
- NOTIFICATION OF AWARDS. Scholarship Program Award Recipients (“Recipient”) will be notified on or about May 6, 2016. Within a specified time period, each Scholarship Recipient will be required to provide a photocopy of a valid driver’s license, and an assignment and transfer to the Sponsor of all Recipient’s rights of ownership and copyright in and to the submitted video and a consent for the Sponsor to use the name, photo, and essay of Applicants, as well as the video, in whole or in part and as edited by Sponsor, in all media for educational, commercial, marketing, promotional, and other uses any of the Sponsors or their agents or affiliates at their sole discretion without additional compensation to Recipient and without any prior review, notice, or approval by Recipient. Failure to timely return the required documents, or other materials, or the return of any notification as undeliverable for any reason, will cause the Recipient’s scholarship or application for scholarship to be void and withdrawn. An alternate Scholarship Recipient may be selected. If a Scholarship Recipient (or any individual appearing in a video) is a minor, all such consent, assignment, and transfer documents must be confirmed, ratified and signed by the parent or legal guardian of the Recipient. The names of the Scholarship Recipients will be announced on or about May 6, 2016 through MTI’s websites.
- FORM OF SCHOLARSHIP AWARDED. The Scholarship Award will be given in the form of a credit to the Recipient’s student account with MTI to cover all tuition, books, tools, and fees in the preselected course. The Recipient must be enrolled in the preselected awarded course within one year from the date of notification or the Scholarship Award will be forfeited and the credit removed from their student account. Should a Recipient fail to attend and/or complete their selected course as required under the terms of MTI’s enrollment agreement, the Scholarship Award will be forfeited and any remaining credit removed from their student account.
- ADDITIONAL AGREEMENTS BY APPLICANTS AND THEIR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.By participating, Applicants on their own behalf, or if a minor, by their parent or legal guardian, agree to the following:
- Agree to these Terms and Conditions, and to the decisions of the Sponsor and their agents in all matters, including the voting process, relating to the Program, which decisions shall be final and binding in all respects;
- Release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, and all of their affiliates, and their respective owners, directors, officers, members, agents, and employees, from any and all claims, liabilities, losses or damages of any kind whatsoever (including but not limited to the infringement of intellectual property or other rights of third parties or any liability as to failure of the Sponsor or its agents to screen or monitor finalists’ videos prior to posting online) resulting in whole or in part from their participation in the Program and the acceptance and use of any Scholarship Award;
- Consent (except where prohibited by law) to the use of Applicant’s name, likeness and location for advertising and publicity purposes by Sponsor, for promotion of skilled trade education, and for promotion by the Sponsor as they determine in their sole discretion; and
- Represent that the video submitted is their sole and original work and does not infringe the intellectual property right of any other party. Participants (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree that the Sponsor, and all of their affiliates, and their respective owners, directors, officers, members, agents, and employees, are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries or mail, or for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure of the Sponsor and its agents to receive entries for any reason whatsoever or for any errors, mishaps or problems, regardless of the cause, in the voting process.
- SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO CANCEL. In the event the Sponsor determines that the integrity of the Program has been impaired or corrupted for any reason and as a result cannot be offered or completed as planned, the Sponsor (subject to any governmental approval that may be required) reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or terminate the Program and to select finalists from among eligible Applicants legitimately received prior to the event causing cancellation or termination or otherwise in a manner determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Terms and Conditions and notice of cancellation will be posted at each of MTI’s websites affected.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM/LIMITATION OF DAMAGES. The Program shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois (that is, excluding choice-of-law/conflict-of-law principles) and any legal action concerning the Program shall be brought only in a state or federal court located in Peoria, Illinois. In all circumstances, a legal action must be brought individually, NOT as part of a class action and the participant (if a minor, the participant and/or his/her parent or legal guardian) will only be able to recover his/her actual out-of-pocket costs (if any) in conjunction with participation in the Program and expressly waives any right to all other damages including but not limited to compensatory, incidental, consequential or punitive damages.
- OBTAINING COPIES. To obtain a copy of the list of Finalists and Scholarship Recipients (available after MAY 6, 2016) mail a self-addressed envelope to MTI Scholarship Program c/o Midwest Technical Institute, Inc. at 2731 Farmers Market Road, Springfield, Illinois, 62707. Please mark envelope “Finalists and Scholarship Recipients list.”NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF RECEIVING A SCHOLARSHIP. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. SPONSOR MAKES NO CLAIM THAT TAX LAW WILL OR WILL NOT
SPONSORS: Midwest Technical Institute, Inc., 2731 Farmers Market Road, Springfield, Illinois, 62707. www.midwesttech.edu, and the mikeroweWORKS Foundation, 429 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite 710, Santa Monica, California, 90401. www.mikeroweworks.com
**The mrWF/MTI Scholarship Program is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.